Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thunderous Thursday


It's not often that I can lay awake at night not thinking at all. Visions and dreams, conversations and emotions rushing through my veins to the point it sometimes burns. In the past few months my passion for life seems to go up, then down then up then down and for me, it's not normal. It really isn't. I guess it is the upcoming date -8 days from now that scares me. Maybe I dont know how to handle five years without my best friend. In any case, the next tattoo- the five year is being created in my mind, i wish now I could put my words into a picture and tell the entire story.

There are certain times in life, maybe an era, a day, an entire month or just an hour that it looks and feels like NOTHING we do can possibly go our way… the more positive you think, the harder you work to make things better for others, the more disappointed and difficult things become. I guess there are just times in our lives when we have to admit defeat, wave the white flag and just breath in as deep as we can. Stop, for as long as our minds will let us and asses the situation for what it really is. Life.

I don’t think life is easy, don’t get me wrong. I have figured out that no matter what happens in life though, it is defiantly worth it.

The thing about it is, without the hard times and the sad days... the beautiful sunny ones wouldn't be as appreciated would they? Without the loss of a loved one, we wouldn't know the importance of those we still have on a day to day basis. Without the loss of love, how would you ever know you felt it - and once you find it again.... you'll know because it will far outweigh the first time.

All things do happen for a reason- Though Im out of the creative banter this morning and wish to leave you with a poem (if you've read this long) you have already read- but the cool part is when a good friend blogger turned it into a song:


Lost in Translation
Walking through this lifetime

my head up on the clouds.

I wonder through the streets at night

as if i'm wrapped in shrouds.


Looking in the mirror

i see a different face

not knowing just exactly when

but another time, another place.


She has the brightest look in her eyes

the smoothest grin on her face

she turns away from me then,

she's gone without a trace.


I know her soul, as if it were my own,

I see her sitting there tied tightly to her thrown.

Thinking to herself at night,

about the life she once left behind

how one time the world felt right

it just wasn't the right kind.


and so i stumble patiently,

along this curvy path

Not knowing how the signs should read

They're not written on my map.


I hear her voice, and feel her pain

her image i cannot seem to find

i hold my head up to the rain

searching for piece of mind.


And so it goes, and carrys on

this simple life of mine

i'll find that girl, i saw back then

another place and time.


For now she hides beneath a smile

held softly on my face

for i know that all the while

Shes me, in a whimsical place!

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

Beautiful post and yes I agree (although we may never understand why) everything does happen for a reason.