Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Somewhere in a Nightmare PT.2

The pain behind my eyes was excruciating, opening them was not an option at this point. The natural motion when your head aches this bad is to immediately place your hand there to ease your pain but my hands wouldn’t move. Nothing on my body would move. I began to panic breathing in and out as quickly as my lungs would allow only to realize my breath was returning to my face with a sweltering heat, after each breath. I tried to scream to the point that my throat hurt but no sound was escaping, only silent breath followed by sound of my heart beating, loudly, throbbing inside my temples with each beat of my heart. It was apparent now that fighting wasn’t an option so I did my best to calm my breathing and center myself. I needed to know where I was, the ‘who’ was pretty obvious. You can break something that is already broken so he planned to keep me here until my last breath to get the answer he seeks from my dying lips, but he underestimated me. As my heart began to calm and my breaths became more shallow I could hear footsteps from a distance, growing closer and closer but from which direction I couldn’t tell, was I underground? Was I in the air, where did that bastard decide to place me while he watched me die. My eyes, still swollen shut tried to open but to no avail. Just then, my body fell what seemed like ten feet onto the cold hard floor with a hollowing thud. The pain was unbearable and with all of the energy I had left in my body the words ‘Stop’ came streaming out without thought.


I lay there, on my back waiting for something, anything, a smart ass comment, another physical beating but nothing… not even his sick demonic laughter wasn’t there to taunt me. My body was free now, at least not in-closed I could feel a cord of some kind as I tried to move my hands, a cord wrapped so tightly around my wrists it shot a stabbing pain through each arm the more I tried to move. Under my body was cold concrete, it felt damp to my weak hands, I went limp in despair and could feel the warm tears flowing involuntarily down each side of my face and as the first tear reached my right temple I felt a cold wet cloth brush against my face causing me to jerk sideways. “Shh, don’t move” I heard, in a soft feminine voice, barley a whisper. The cloth touched my forehead and slowly moved down the left side of my face and over my eyes then pulled away. towards my feet I could hear the trickle of water and the clank of something metal. I tried to speak but before I could even force out any sound a small hand slammed across my mouth with an intensity that needed no words. The cloth began to kindly touch my face, again and again until I could tell the dried blood on my face was gone, the tightness I felt in my skin before wasn’t there, I could move my mouth, my lips freely without the pressure on my skin. “open” she said quietly, with one finger on my bottom lip, I had no choice to fight her off I had no energy and the pain throughout every inch of my body was so severe by now that death was a welcome notion. “you’ll feel better if you eat this” as a small capsule was placed on my tongue and a metal bowl of water held against my cheek. I tried to lift my head, and with the help of the small hand on my neck took a sip of the liquid and as I swallowed I felt the pain slowly leave my body an inch at a time, I began to fully relax and I could feel myself falling asleep.

4 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

Great stuff!

Cocaine Princess said...

Oops- I hit enter before I had a chance to finish the comment.

Great stuff-- Your writing is so descriptive.

PS. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Cocaine Princess said...

Keep up the great writing!!

Thirtysomething said...

Thank you CP! :)