Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dancing Shadows Caress My Mind


Laying on the couch in a wonderland of thoughts. Watching the trees dance so gracefully out the window, creating shadows that appear to be that of dancing lovers. The sun beats down on my feet as it blazes through the window pane draping me in a comfortable heat. The ceiling fan on full blast, causing the small transparent hairs to swirl from my bangs into my eyes and back again to my forehead. It feels like a dream world.

My mind never stops racing, one subject to another, to another and on it goes. My body feels weak and carefree to any option of standing up to do any number of the things my mind suggests. I close my eyes, to rest my mind and see nothing but flickering lights behind my eye lids, again with the dancing lovers, the trees swaying as if listening to a melody only they can hear. So much to do, i think to myself as my eyes slowly drift closed again, and my body feels heavy as if sinking into the cushons little by litte. The fan above seems to be going faster and faster, to the point I can no longer focus on one blade at a time but one continous white blur and my eyes close finally.

Wishing for rest, undeniably exhausted but for what reason? Cooking brings a smile to my face, my heart and my stomach, yet today the sheer thought of it makes me more tiered, and less interested. I need a hammock. the voice in my heart seemed to muster with all the energy it had to give. I want to lay outside in the sun, naked, in a hammock and rest for the remainder of the suns hours. I want to fall asleep in mid air, watching quietly as the leaves caress one another, whispering and swaying as if the most magical of moments were taking place right here, behind my eyelids.

I think I shall get dressed... dig out a credit card and purchase a hammock today. I think it would be a wise investment. At least a nice long sun chair to hold me up from the baking of the wood surrounding my house holding me up.

My eyes are closed again, images of stores in the area that would have these items for me, ready to go, no assembly required. I dont think i have the energy. The one chair i would love to see put in around here......... Star Bucks.

have a peaceful day my friends. Cheers!

8 comments:

Miss Caught Up said...

Very lovely post, my dear :) Very lovely.

Chuck Dilmore said...

stunning, Bambi...
your portrait, your thoughts, your writing!

if a hammock
would make you happy
and cause more descriptions of lovers dancing
...then let us contribute!

seriously... beautiful writing.
perfect pacing, and
deserves to be published!


this post is also timely...
last night, one song that soo struck me:
I'm Only Sleeping

peace & lovely daydreams~

Cocaine Princess said...

MCU took the words out of my mouth.

You hae beautiful blue eyes bambi.

Gorgeous ring.

Thirtysomething said...

MCU- Straight from the depths of my mind. Thank you!

Chuck- Thank you! You are so kind and generous with your words, however, i've read your work.... WAY more amazing than any descriptive I could write.

CP- THANKS- They turn different colors on different days, typically they are green (hazel i suppose) but with the sky in that pic they do look super blue. i love blue eyes! That ring is Amber- My little sisters gave it to me about 3 years ago for christmas, it is my all time favorite and never comes off my hand!

Nic Scogna said...

Get that hammock!!

Organic Meatbag said...

That is a very peacful looking shot of you...ahhhh, tranquility!

Organic Meatbag said...

Ooops,. I meant *peaceful*... didn't want you to think I was some meathead...hahaha!

Chuck Dilmore said...

stunning... still