Monday, April 13, 2009

Marvelous Monday

It is cold today. The sky is grey without even so much as definition to find a single cloud. It all runs together in the white/grey matter that is the 'theme' of the day for a Spring afternoon. I keep looking over at the dogs, who lay beside and below me sleeping non stop, except to follow me 15 feet away to the kitchen every time I need a drink. In my next life, I want to be a dog.
I want to stand up and bark like a lunatic every time the wind hits the house making me think that someone is approaching my 'territory'. I want to run through the woods like I AM the beast of the mountain, only to return home and let my owner/mommy pick stickers out of my hair NINE times a day and then go right back to sleep after chewing my rawhide bone for a good hour and a half (thus causing my beard to stick together).

The problem with my happy little dogs is that they are so used to having the entire road (dead end cultisac) to themselves and us being the only house up here, they seem to be spoiled by this. Until today it has never been a problem. They are my babies, I mean even the princess of mess (Jaida) calls them her brothers sometimes (ok, dont judge me ... at least they arn't being carried in a pink hand bag!) However, today has been very 'annoying' to say the least. First thing this morning, a jeep drives slowly up my hill, turns around and parks in front of my house. Now, with that being said, keep in mind i work from home most of the time, here i sit on the couch, laptop in ... well my lap and robe on over my t-shirt.......like every morning while i wait for coffee to brew. At this point, I dont have time to throw anything on, or even comb my hair back, the old man was at my front door like he had jet packs on his shoes. I dont have blinds, or full size curtains so of course i couldn't just sit here and ignore him, i mean he was looking at m
e face to face in my window!

The dogs were on full alarm, Paxton sounding deep and scary as if he had seen a pit on tv and thought he could be 'tough like that', and scamps, well... lets face it, there is NOTHING tough about this dog.... I stepped outside, face to face with a man who's pants were cinched up beneath his nipples with a braided leather belt and a bag over his shoulder with the U.S. Government symbol worn proudly on the side. He was there for the census, apparently until i moved in and made the blue hairs take notice, they didn't know my house existed........ its been here for five years.

It is now 2:30 and i have had to listen to my sweet boys bark all morning. First the census guy, then the newspaper that I will never read but got guilted into it by a 15 year old girl in high waters, the crazy mail man who drives 85 up my dead end road only to turn around like the Dukes of Hazard... yes nutty mail man has returned in the red station wagon. The neighbor hood watch (that watches me waaaaayyyy too much... i thought they protected you i didn't realize neighbor hood watch really means 'we watch YOU', and lastly some random dude in a truck picking up strey wood pieces along the road. I love the location of my house. I love everything about being up here... and until today was very proud to be the ONLY person on this hill because of the lack of traffic, today has made me think about getting a sign to put out. "Slow children at play", except I think those signs are hilarious, and I dont want my daughter to think i'm calling her slow... because she's not, in fact i wish she'd slow down just a bit because she's way wittier than any (almost) 5 year old should be. So i'm just curious if they make those big yellow signs with a mop of a dog on it that says "Drive Slow, Rabid Animals Ahead"... because if they do, i'm SOOO getting one!!!

Speaking of rabid animals. Remember the opossum that lived under my porch? Well he is back, and i think he's a 'neighbor hood' pet. He's blind, for one... he is after all , the same opossum that took off waddling away from me and ran straight off my rock wall. (Yes, i laughed, while i was also very concerned) People often wonder why I care about a opossum. Yes they are rodents (in theory) Yes, they have sharp teeth and carry disease but what doesn't? Seriously! It's not like i'm trying to pick him up, but he's not harming anything or anyone around the house, so i've began feeding him dog food at the edge of my property line. He's blind people..... and he appears to have a messed up back end, how else is he going to get food? My dad calls me Ellie May- Well.... so be it... even the skunks are cute so long as they dont spray my fluffy dog on the front porch anymore!

I can only imagine what the image of my house is now, in your head... opossums under the front porch, crazy dogs with bangs so long they can't see (neither of them over 2 foot tall) a daughter that is a walking witty mess and skunks... not to mention the huge GANGS of deer after dark and the coyotes behind my house............Yeee haw... oh and running water! :)

One last random note of worthiness.... I'm going to adopt a black cat this week. I believe in Karma.. not superstitions. The Humane Society here is packed full of black cats because people here are scared of them. I can't wait to feed it fresh tuna and be proud when it kills the many snakes residing up here. (please heavens, give me a tough cat) because I will not kill anything, even a scary snake... so if a cat does it for me, it's just nature!!! (ah the weird ways we weasel around our beliefs)

And I want to end this post with the things I love:
  1. Cheese
  2. Big Star Jeans- not only do they make your bumkin look great, but you have to get one-two sizes smaller than you wear in anything else... boo yah!
  3. Eternal Love Perfume (Ed Hardy... it smells like candy, i had to buy it and i've not gotten perfume in a LONG TIME)
  4. Baby Feet- My baby's Feet are the best of course but seriously.... they are the only feet on earth worth looking at.
  5. Incense is marvelous, and I burn it now just for the smell.... in high school it was purely to cover things up.... wow how things change.
  6. I love soft sheets
  7. I love to have at least 10+ pillows on my bed
  8. sleeping with my feet hanging out of my blankets
  9. spiking my hair
  10. Hanging out with my beloved friends down town Eureka
  11. Cooking (because yes, i'm good at it!)
  12. and well obviously animals of all types

I hope no matter where you are today that you are warm and cozy either in the house snuggled with someone who makes you feel wonderful, even if it is animals....or baby feet (or a candy bar). I hope if you do have sun you've had a chance to enjoy it on your face while letting the rays kiss your eye lids, the ocean water softly run across your feet or just the soft silence of your own favorite place. No matter how grey and dreary the sky might be here it's still a beautiful day. Much love and peace to you all. Cheers!

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

Bambi you have so much love and sympathy for animals have you thought about being a vet?

I'm the same way when I sleep, I must be surrounded by pillows. I have two two long body pillows on each side that I clutch onto and another for my feet.

I’m hoping your well deserved weekend of shopping was successful!