Thursday, September 9, 2010

It Is The Small Things That I Love The Most

Have you ever seen something so beautiful it literally made you stop breathing for a moment? Something SO captivating you found yourself in a completely different world in utter amazement?

I am by no means an insect lover, they all have their place as do I and being in love with the outdoors makes them a big part of my life, but there are a few small creatures that I don't mind to have land on me while floating down the river, or sitting among the trees. Butterflies and Dragonflies. They don't take anything from you, cause itching or swelling because of their vicious little bite, suck your blood or infest your garden. They, to me, seem to give more than they receive in multiple ways, however the one I most appreciate is the soft silence they offer, the intense color they portray and the seemingly effortless flight that keeps them just on top of the water without touching or landing as if they are not even there.

I saw a dragonfly today that I have never seen before. I do see a lot of dragonflys- i spend a lot of time around the water and therefore enjoy these creatures quite often and marvel at their existence. This particular day though has been one of indescribable anguish, pain, sadness, and pure frustration that even the rain isn't washing away.

I have to admit that while questioning so much of the universal existence of sociology I would rather stare at a bug on any given day!

Like a helicopter, which I am positive I was told (or I made it up and believed it to be true) was actually designed from the dragonfly originally due to it's mobility.....the dragon fly has huge eyes, or...a million tiny eyes making up one, it is the larger part of this insect. I have a problem even calling them insects they are THAT pretty to me. This one though, bright green eyes with blue dots, a very long body tapered at the end it slowly transformed from a florescent green at the neck, to the most beautiful teal, blue and then nearly purple tip of it's tail. In my life I've never seen one those colors. It hovered there, directly in my face then moving away to the side and returning back only feet from my face as if it were peering back at me in the same "is this real" moment.

Mentally dancing with a dragonfly- I have officially become a dreamer beyond my wildest imagination!

I hope this crisp, damn and rather monotone gloomy looking day be warm, happy and beautiful through your window! Cheers.

2 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

I read and published both of your comments. Thank you so much.

Welcome back to blogging!

Sass said...

"Mentally dancing with a dragonfly..."

Beautiful, Bambi.

Oh, and hello, stranger. :)