Monday, January 31, 2011

Life or Death

If I were to die today

the world would continue to shine.
My clouds feel so dark and grey
because you never were mine.


If sadness keeps my heart chains locked
And all of the smiles fake,
the love I feel inside my heart
will do nothing but further the ache.



Feelings of loss and lonliness
Take over my daily life
Wondering how I can continue this way
Makes me feel nothing but strife.



I love my daughter to the trust of true
And my father the one who cares
The rest of the world just uses my heart
To relieve the burden of theirs.



Thoughts of death make me smile
To see her face again
Thinking of things left behind
Material is all that they’ve been



If I knew that she would be fine without me
Or continue her life without hate in her heart
Then I would leave this earth today to see….
The unseen most beautiful part.



I’ve never felt as alone before
As I do sitting here today
I wonder how long a girl can go
Living her life this way?

1 comment:

Chuck Dilmore said...

your writing
is a beautiful gift...
and if you don't do it for us
do it for you

write
what it is
that you(!) want to read

feel it free you, feed you...
every drop of sadness and passion
is medicine

and only you can mix it like this!
keep going, Baby!