Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Meadow- By Alicia Goranson

*I found the blog of Alicia G. (also known as Becky I in the sitcom Rosanne - i loved that show) and began reading her poems on her blog (http://www.aliciagoranson.blogspot.com/) I really enjoyed them, and then i found this one and LOVED IT :) Fitting for the movie and myself...


The Meadow


As Bambi's mother


Led her fawn

Onto the meadow

And was gone,





So I was shown,

And, thus, exposed

To pastures where

Foreboding bodes.





Without the trees

That hide the sun,

The vast expanse

Belied the gun.





For when the shot

Shattered the calm,

The earth became

A maelstrom.





The moment's shock,

The past forgot,

I ran to where

I had been not.





In foreign forests,

Overgrown,

I realized

I was alone.





And in the absence

Of my mother,

The canopy,

My only cover,





The meadow, then,

Proposed a test

Of fortitude

And mindfulness.





While I still graze

Beyond the grove,

The hand recalls

The burning stove.

2 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

I really liked Roseanne!
What a hilarious show. Her Halloween episodes were always my fave.

I always wondered why "Becky" left such a popular and successful show?

Thanks for posting the poem- quite lovely.

P.S. Thanks for the well wishes, doing much better and hope you are too these days.

Thirtysomething said...

I still watch the reruns when I happen to see it on :) I wonder why she left too- did you ever see the one where (its set in the future) DJ is an adult with a beanie hat on and in a mental hospital, he's all confused b/c 'THAT becky wasn't his sister' like he was losing his mind. It was funny stuff!!!
thanks for stopping by Princess!!!