Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20 of this diet and exercise routine/resolution and I am so proud to say that this has been a full on success! To my knowledge I've never set a resolution nor given much thought to sticking with something that I promised myself for the 'New Year' but I did it this year and I have stuck to it. They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit so here's to good habits!

Winter is here, and as much as I despise the bitter cold weather and grey skies, we have been 'blessed' this year with very few super cold days and NO winter weather as of yet. Typically I would rejoice however I only see this as a really scary sign from Mother Nature. Either there is a storm coming in February and March or Global Warming is just showing it's ugly head and though it is likely both, it scares the hell out of me. I truly love and value nature, even if I do not enjoy some of the things that come along with it, it is just part of what makes life so neat to experience. Like the roller coaster of life, so are the seasons. The winter is dull and sad only to lead us by the hand into beautiful spring and summer with sun and laughter. The thought of the affects that Global Warming has had on this planet are terrifying to me.

While watching Planet Earth last night, which by the way to me is like meditation and education mixed into one full hour of amazing footage, beautiful music and creatures that take my breath away. Last night was the Ocean, or part of it. While watching the segment about how a full on microscopic 'world' so to speak is thriving one moment from the very depths of the ocean, a shift in the earths plates can cause that small world to disappear in almost no time, taking from that particular world the energy and food (bacteria) that it was living on and transferring that energy to another part of the Ocean floor. How quickly that tiny world died. The scary part was when I started to compare our world to that of the the one on the Ocean floor. Our world seems so large to us, but in the scope of things we are but a speck in the mass universe of who knows how many other 'worlds' that we are unaware. Maybe the thought of how quickly our life forces could be taken away was really what scared me, but also how we treat our planet is heart breaking.

Like some kind of virus though, we have our share of horrible 'humans' too if they even deserve such a title. All species have a 'bad seed' but I saw one of ours on TV last night that really got under my skin. I dislike politics in general. No matter how hard I tried to study to find which 'party' I should belong too, the more I realized that neither Democratic OR Republican fit the bill for me. They both have good and bad aspects and seemingly the bad always outweigh the good. Then last night Randall Terry showed his scary face on the news and I sat there staring in disgust. I don't care what your views are on abortion, you stand by them if you believe one way or the other but this man is a lunatic! Not only had he switched from his long time stand of Republican to now be a Democrat because he is, and I quote 'on a mission to take votes from Obama' and wants to make abortion the number one issue in congress. WTF?? Really? of all things, Abortion should be our number one concern? Our damn country is swirling the drain and this man thinks putting images of dismembered babies on the Superbowl commercial is going to solve, what?? This is just one more reason I despise politics, politicians... I know without a government that no doubt we would rip one another up, it's proven time and time again with natural disasters. Instead of banning together to help one another we see people looting, killing one another in mass chaos. Why can't we take a lesson from the Japanese and HELP one another??? I love America and I love the freedoms we have here but it is people like this who make my skin crawl and anger boil. The last thing I need is my child to see torn up babies on national television. I am just disgusted!

to end this post on a much lighter note though it is FRIDAY, and for a short work week it has been awfully long week and I am so excited to get out of town with great friends this weekend and head to Eureka Springs, where a piece of my heart still dwells.

Wishing you all Peace and Love and for a very safe and happy Weekend-
Namaste!

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

Great news on your diet-- keep it up!!