Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ten Things I Love... and Why!

This day started off with that 'annoying' feeling, you know the one... where everything and everyone gets on your nerves. I knew today was going to be a tough one I just didn't expect what became of it. One of my best friends found out her father has cancer, in his throat. One of my little sisters had to go into the hospital because her Lupus flared up. I want to take away their pain, I really would give my life to make all the bad things affecting the ones I loved just go away... but since I can't do that and I can't trade them places to make it all better.... I figure I need to take a happy pill, put on my zen radio and turn this annoyed emotional feeling I have and pure frustration into a positive thing so I can be the best I can be when they need me. So I'm posting my first LIST in several years:

Ten Things I Love the Most and Why:

1. Jaida May- My daughter, the extension of my soul. I could never in one lifetime explain all the reasons that I love her, the things that make her so wonderful or why, but I can give one that will at least help you understand what a special person she is: This morning on her way to school she told her father of how her teacher cried in class yesterday because her dog died, and my daughter began to cry too because she felt so deeply sad for Mrs. Ross. She has my emotions and it is a blessing and a curse, she makes me so proud to have such a beautiful heart.

2. My Boss- Because most people can't say that and I truly have one of the best. I am treated like a piece of shit by 90% of the people I work with and it hurts, a lot... but knowing I work for their boss, MY boss and he is a magnificent person and manager.... makes my job easier after co workers in an office three hours away send rude emails every chance they get, MY BOSS treats me with respect and in the end he's the only one who matters here.

3. Nature- I feel so at home when I am in Nature. Camping, Kayaking, strolling through the woods, listening to a river or the wind blowing through the trees. The rain, in the summer when it is still warm and touches your skin like a thousand tiny fingers. The Ocean, the power it projects and the energy it puts out. The Sun- The wonderful life it gives me and the warmth of it on my skin. The mountains the mysterious secrets they hold and the beauty they portray in such a hard cold world.

4. Friends- Because the ones that are TRUE, and I can count those on one hand, have been there to pick me up when I felt that I couldn't go on any longer. They hold me when I cry, or try to make me laugh, remind me of the past and prompt me towards the future. They offer their love and support and expect nothing back in return, they've stood by me through decisions, good and bad and held my hand when I needed the extra strength.

5. Animals- I can't imagine a life without them around me in all shapes and forms, it would be lonely and boring.

6. Music- I truly cannot live without music. When I write, like now, I listen to ZEN, or piano lyric less tones that create stories in my mind. I love all genres - it can set a mood no matter what mood it may be you aim for. I truly Cherish every form of music and listen to nearly all of it on a daily basis.

7. Family- The ones I stay in touch with, even the ones I've not talked to in far too long. The relationships that have withheld the test of time, the ones lost through Petty religious differences, the ones that live far away and the ones I hear from frequently. In some small way they've all formed me, who I am. I love them forever no matter the circumstances.

8. Laughing- I love to laugh, and make people laugh. It is one of the most wonderful sounds and feelings to truly laugh, from your gut, your soul and your heart. To smile can change someones entire day.

9. Life- because even though it's been a really tough one this far, it has had many many wonderful things in it. Tough times= lessons... good times= appreciation. I am truly thankful for my life and look forward to the rest of it, day by day, hour by hour the good and the bad. I hope to die as happy as my happiest day.

10. Lastly- Myself: Because without first loving yourself you aren't free to love others. Even through the dark hours of my life my love for others never went away, but my self worth went lifeless. I do love myself. I see a lot of great things that others may or may not see. I might be hard on myself but it's because i strive to be the best for those around me. I am strong when others need me and that is one of my greatest values. I am working on truly loving myself like I deserve but until then, I will continue building on the foundation already laid before me.

Until Next Post- Namaste my friends... wishing you all Peace & Love.


No comments: