Friday, June 19, 2009

Fa Fa Finally... Friday!

Another sunny day! Summer soltice is around the corner (Sunday) along with Fathers Day of course. What better day to bring in a new season than the day we thank our Fathers. I really dont have a way to thank Papa- so i'll make him some ribs, afterall i think food is really the best gift you can give... cheese for me, meat for him... whatever. I'll send my bio a text message letting him know I love him, no matter how much he hated my mom and sees me her in me... and by all rights, they are both good dads to their respective children. We all just have different ways of being raised. ON A SIDE NOTE.........

I did more yard work yesterday than i should have. You know, the dancing shadows i was watching... finally inticed me to get my ass off the couch and go outside, causing me to bust into serious worker girl mode... which caused my already fucked up back some real problems this morning, no worries though, i'm just walking around hunched over, not like the other people that live in this area dont do that, only i dont have a walker yet. I bet I could still win a walker race down the hill! The ice cold beer I had in the fridge was much appreciated when I was done working though, i sat on the second balcony of my house looking down at all the work I'd done, thinking... "I wonder if anyone ELSE can tell i've done anything" and "geesus I need a about a month off work, a truck load of ready mix and about 8 huge men to do this shit because this is tough all alone. The month off would be so I could stand and point... the redi mix is to keep the fucking rocks from collapsing down the hill, keeping my 'natural steps and walls' in place and the 8 huge men are to do the dirty work while i point. Mr. Tulsa isn't huge, and frankly he'd be just as good pointing with me while drinking a beer than lifting heavy things... like rocks.

It has been a long week. Maybe because the beauty of every day is so inviting it is hard to focus on work, and I begin to drift off in my mind to places like Fiji, or the river... or even the HOliday Island pool (because i'm sure they are ALL comparable to Fiji! HA HA) It has been a wonderful day though, I put up two new hummingbird feeders, one of which is next to me right now on the window and i've been able to watch hummingbirds all day long. After reading Suzys post today about saving a baby hummingbird, and well... you should just check her out, she's a riot! http://wherehotcomestodie.blogspot.com/ it made me wonder if someday i'll be that old lady on the hill, with a million hummingbird feeders staring out the window constantly, petting my cat and listening to both of my dogs snore..... then i realized that is EXACTLY what I am right now. AND i love it.

I'm off to laze around the pool with the girls (and of course Jenni's boys) but Brianne is on her way and we're all going to chil pool side before kickin up our heels on my balcony... i wonder if they will notice the work i did? LOL doubtful! Tommorrow is a day at the lake HOPEFULLY with Papa and some people from work, but you never really know, it might just be me getting drunk in the sun with the co workers.... whatever, i love speed boats! I have nothing creative for you today, my mind hoped on the back of a skunk and hauled ass for the woods... i have no idea when it will be back. It's Friday though, no need for deep thoughts. OR EDITING. i'm not even spell checking this post.... (and right now you're thinking, does she ever???)

Have a fabulous weekend my friends, happy fathers day to all you readers who managed to create a miracle in this crazy ass world of ours, and even moreso if you managed to keep them fed! To the father of my daughter- even though i dont think he can read this anymore... Happy Fathers Day... Thank you for OUR very own miracle, god knows i couldn't have done THAT on my own! :) peace out my friends... much love to you all this glorius weekend... maybe you should take time to thank your God for it, or gods, or Godess, or Mother Nature, or Universal power... whatever you chose to call the 'miracle that is life' Thank it! Cheers

3 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

I haven't been to Fiji but would love to go there.

It's finally summer up here too! After four straight days of raining its hot and sunny up here.

Enjoy your weekend.

SCOTT said...

I have been to Fiji (: Tropicalality (if that word even exists) at it's best.

As for fathers day, we don't have ours until September in Australia... And we've just entered winter ):

Oh well, hope your well.

Miss Caught Up said...

I want to go to Fiji too!!! :)