Monday, April 20, 2009

Hunan Hell!!!


I know you've been here before... so bare with me.


You've been on the road for two hours, your stomach is growling so loud your daughter thinks there is a stow away dog in the car with you. You only have less than an hour until you get home, but the uneasy feeling in your stomach says you should eat now before you turn into the animal currently growling from your inner self. The only signs you see are McDonalds (to which you immediately flash back to the last time you did that to yourself and realize what heavy greasy pain you will be in soon after consumption) leaving you the only other option "Hunan Villiage"


Upon entry of said 'Village' you realize it might be a mistake when the sweet corn and fried okra are on each side of the fried rice. It doesn't matter at this point, you just want some cheap Chinese food to fill your ache and hit the road again. Your daughter announces out loud she must 'GO POOP FAST' and the thought actually crosses your mind to grab some mashed potatoes on the way, but you are not quite to THAT point YET.


After said restroom break you nearly sprint to your table to slurp down the over carbonated Pepsi waiting for you (the one time in forever you drink soda and it tastes like shit) before you and your little one gallop off to the not three, but four long buffet trophs. Of course the little one is so 'big' she insists on helping herself, and by all means, it meant at this point i could sit down and eat faster. As she piled on her sesame chicken accompanied by two pieces of fruit and chicken (or what appeared to be rat) on a stick, i made two trips from the troph to table... one with the only Chinese food i could find in the 'Hunan Village' and the other, because I am a glutten for punishment, peel and eat shrimp complete with coctail sauce.


We ate our 'late lunchs' in peace. Both on one side of the table in a booth, I felt the need to protect her from the VERY odd and freakishly alien looking people surrounding us. We both ate what we could and hit the road.


The night was filled with heartached you would not believe. Kiddo curled up in the entertainment room to watch pink panther and I went about taking the trash out, feeding dogs/cat and cleaning up here and there. It dawned on me that Rody, the Gerble hadn't been fed since yesterday, so i went to check on him. Mind you, he's already got a bad rap for being semi psychotic, he nearly bit my friends sons' finger in two and I have caught him (in total fear) several times only to let him back seconds after i pick him up. Last night was no different, since he's crazy enough to have eaten his own food bowl (yes people, he dumped the FOOD out and ate the hard plastic bowl) I have been feeding him in one corner of his pen. Typically he just stops jogging on his wheel as if to act like i cant see him until i pull my hand out, then goes on about his daily excersise. NOT yesterday, hell no, he jumped out of that thing as if he were in attack mode and bit through my middle finger. SCREAMING in agony, i grab my hand, while blood rushed down my arm and began dripping off my elbow. Keane, the panther cat hears me scream, comes rushing in and pulls the psychotic gerbel out of his cage and carries him downstairs. At this point, i'm panicing, holding a soaked in blood already paper towel over my finger, while trying to make the cat let go of the gerble, and he does, just in time for the fucking 'RAT' to run into the rock of my fireplace. At this place i'm fully paniked trying to be quiet to keep jaida from coming out of the other room. Somehow Keane manages to get ahold of the damn rat again and drag it under the kitchen table, letting it go, then grabbing it again, playing like any cat would. I did the only thing i could think of........... call Mr. Tulsa. As if he was going to be able to magically appear and make it go away- he tells me 'hit it with a hammer'... to which i nearly puked on the floor, but then realized it was in such pain from the cat torture i had to do something. I sat the phone down and slapped it on the head with my flat.........shoe that is, flat shoe..........


Tears...... instantly. I picked up the phone, sobbing, told Mr. T I would call him back and ran to the bathroom to puke. grabbed a paper towel and tried not to look at the poor lifeless gerbil i had to pick up. I took him out to the trash can and ran back into the house where i sat on the floor crying, cleaning the entire floor with a clorox wipe. I sobbed, and sobbed. I have killed something, yes it was a gerbil, yes it was in pain, yes it had bitten through my finger (not even kidding people) but I, ME had just killed a living thing. I'm still not right today, i'm telling ya. I had to make up the extravagant story about how Roddy got out of the cage and ran off into the woods when Jaida asked why i was crying. She, then sobbed along with me as she yelled for him shouting loudly off the deck out into the woods.


Today is a beautiful day. I had a lovley weekend, I introduced Mr. Tulsa and Jaida we went to the Aquarium and the Zoo and a movie, it was super and i'll post pictures later. Right now i'm recovering from what I can only assume is food poisoning from the Hunan Hell i ate in yesterday and my middle finger (you know, the one i communicate with on shitty days) is throbbing, purple and swollen.


Life sure is full of interesting surprises aye? Love to you all............... PEACE.

2 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

I once had food poisoning too. It's one of the worst feelings in the world so I can only imagine how you must be feeling.

Get lots of rest and keep drinking lots of electrolytes. Hugs!

Thirtysomething said...

I have just been downing water, someone brought me pedialight, i nearly gagged, but Jaida loved it so it worked out well! :)