Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday


I love Wednesday. It's that one day of the week that feels like 'it's all down hill from here', and it is... but when it is 70 degrees outside, the sun is beaming and calling my name, it is hard as hell to keep my eyes on the computer and not spaced out in the trees with the birds.


My family has decided to do a 'Family Reunion' the first week of August, truth be told, I couldn't be more excited about it. The last time I went to a reunion it was in BFD Kansas. It was fun, but I was 13, goofy looking, quiet and shy.... ok, it wasn't really that fun. This one will be in Yellowstone, or somewhere up NORTH, and i've never been. Wyoming, yes... to get illegal fireworks to bring back to Colorado, but that was about it. This will be Jaida's first trip on a plane (unless i decide to hop a flight for her bday surprise, it's in the air) and i couldn't be happier. I made sure to book the window seats on all flights, JUST for her. I remember flying when I was little. I dont think my face left that window, I was glued from take off to landing.


There has always been a certain magic about flying so high. Once you reach that certain point you can see where the earth starts to round, and the dark of the universe is above you. It is to me, like the closest to Heaven you can get, while still in your earthly body. Every time I have ever flown since my childhood, if i have a choice, i get the window. It is her turn and I look forward to seeing the excitement in her sweet brown eyes.


This will be the first time I see my Aunt, Uncle (his family), Cousins and their family that are immediate blood lines since after my mom died. I'm excited that this, will be under happy circumstances!


I have the windows open today, a statement you will likley hear every day from this point forward, but I can't help but cherish it. I can hear the wood bees buzzing around my house, planning their attack to drill into the siding. I filled up my hummingbird feeders, hanging just outside my window, to prepare for the migration of the cute little winged friends in the coming weeks. The breeze keeps whisking in the smell of cut grass from the distance and the sweet smell of lilac or something of the sort growing out in the woods. It is not a full scent, but a faint and scattered one, a scent I could follow around my house, truth be told.


It is a most beautiful of days today... I couldn't ask for a better one. I'm looking forward to spending time with an old friend tonight, getting to know him again after 12-13 years of absence. I think i'll start off at the Cat House, introduce him to my favorite pub and my favorite place to get a good Bloody Mary... Then off to Beavertown... he doesn't believe me that we have a place called Beavertown. I love proving i'm right!


I hope your day is beautiful, the breeze is ever calming and the fresh cut grass doesn't make you sneeze. Peace and Cheers to you my wonderful friends!


PS- Thank you all for voting, the ones that have.... I'm so Glad you like the new 'digs'.

3 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

The sun is shining today finally up here and when I went out I caught a whiff of someone grilling !

Jaida is going to have so much fun on her first plane ride, it'll be something she'll never forget. I didn't.

Elise said...

Oh. her first plane ride! She's going to love it.

Family reunion huh? Those two words stress the hell out of me. I'm glad that there's someone in the world who looks forward to them though :) xx

noone said...

Aaww what a sweet post! Hope you had a great time at Family Reunion. I always like those myself :)