Friday, April 17, 2009

Super Fantabulous Friday


I love squirrel's. despite the common comparison between my social behavior and a tree squirrel, I have a little friend here in the woods of NW Arkansas, among the many wild life friends I have. I think i'll name him Stewart. He's your typical gray squirrel, wiry tail, little mouse face with big eyes and always eating something. Stewart makes an appearance at my house at least every other day. as you can see... he sits right in front of the living room window, typically this is where he eats breakfast. Its fine that Stewart graces us with his presence, but i have yet to figure out if he perches here to look at himself, or if he does (which i'm fully convinced) this to piss off the dogs. Scamps is usually the one that will chase him from window to window on the back of the couches. This particular morning, Stewart sat right where he is, in this picture, pooping on the hand rail and cleaning himself while scamps bark alarm nearly made my ears bleed.




Paxton, being somewhat afraid to get to close to Keane, who was rolling around on my lap purring like the panther he is, decided to sit in the other window and watch Stewart. I realized at one point we had all four been watching this crazy varmint for at least 5 minutes in total awe.




Silly... the things you find fascinating when you live in the middle of nature. It's lovely. Mr. Tulsa and I took a little adventure to Pivot Rock, a natural 'wonder' that is apparently in the Genus book of Records. I went there with my parents when i was 12, the rock seemed gigantic at the time. So, i tried to reenact the picture that i have of me with it at 12, and this is what came out of it.



So, after i was done pretending to save one ant hill at a time from large boulders landing on them, we took some more pictures... i mean really, did you think I wouldn't take pictures?? HA




This wonderful little creature (puke) was hiding in a hole in the side of a rock on the way up to the Pivot Rock. I wasn't as close as it appears, and his eyes didn't light up until the flash did, but HOLY CRAPOLA- check out the dry land squid!



If this nasty little shit doesn't make your skin crawl, you're invited to come be my bug hunter during the summer months- I wont even charge you rent! :)


Yesterday was a beautiful day- it couldn't have been more perfect weather. I chose to wear heels, which was a truly intelligent choice given the hiking of the mountain ( I dont remember that trail at ALL.... only the rock) But i managed. Somehow Tulsa didn't even break his ankle running straight down a rock bluff to get into this picture before the timer went off:


He landed ever so gracefully in a Spider Man stance before the flash ....well... flashed. It was fun, and truly amazing rock running talent...I would have at least sprained my ankle!


We stopped for lunch at Cafe Solei- which is now totally remodeled, but the food is still 'out of this world'... I found the presentation, AND the flavor of both the bacon cheese burger AND the chicken, mango wrap to be nearly orgasmic. Frankly ladies, that burger alone can substitute for a long dry spell if you know what i'm sayin???


All in all - just another beautiful day filled with small miracles. Perfect food, perfect weather, perfect landings, awesome animals (domestic and wild) and over all the most important thing... perfect company.

There is nothing like laughing so hard your face hurts, sleeping so well that your body feels like goo (wait, maybe that isnt' a good thing, but it feels good...) and eating so well that your pants need unbuttoned!

I'm off to pick up my beautiful daughter and head out on some adventures (She's Dora, I get to be Boots... the monkey) I dont know why I always have to be the damn purple monkey!!! Oh well, he speaks Spanish very well, maybe i can learn a few things??

Have a fabulous weekend peeps- I hope you get out and do something fantastic... Peace and of course........... Cheers!!!

3 comments:

PhilB said...

I love squirrels too. I post about them on my supposed-to-be-funny blog. Check it out sometime.

Peace,

Phil
www.phillville.blogspot.com

Elise said...

OMG! You would get on so well with my sister. She loves squirrels. She has a real in built nature thing. Loves taking walks, taking pics of animals. xx

Thirtysomething said...

Phil- I love your blog. i've been super sick but will get around to commenting.... i love the baby birds! Thanks for commenting!

Elise- Sounds like I might be your sisters sister...... hmmmmmmmm It makes me wonder, how many squirrel lovers are there in this world? Somehting to ponder!