Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I try to see the best in everyone, even if it means looking past some semi psychotic moments and weird actions, but then again...Some people are just scary. Upon spending more time than this individual deserved trying to figure out exactly what wires were crossed, I realized no matter what, it's time for Spring Cleaning in more than one way.

The house is spotless, except for the little girls room upstairs. She went up there to clean yesterday, and came down 2 hours later looking for snacks. I thought, she must really be working hard up there, but to my surprise upon delivery of her snacks, she had only moved one mess from one corner to the other. She is only going on five, at that stage i think i was still shoving things under my bed, so at least she moves things.

Nevertheless, it is time for a few changes I should have implemented weeks ago, but never did get around too it. So, with that said, welcome to the new Page.


It is days like today that make me fall in love with the season all over again. The trees are budding with tiny green leaves, the sky is bright with not even a hint of clouds in the sky and the air is cool and crisp making appear as if your coffee is much hotter than it really is. The birds, even the crows, appear to be singing and chirping much louder than normal and everything is at peace... at least here in my little world.

It is camping season again. I love to camp this time of year when it is not the heat that wakes you up, but the sound of the water seems to rush faster and harder, and the sweet smell of Spring breaks away the cloud of campfire smoke from the night before. There is something wonderful about waking up on a gravel bar. Maybe it is knowing that you have the option of going home to a big comfortable bed? Or the feeling that you're just that much closer to nature? In any case, if i had a choice, i would be out on a gravel bar today, sitting with my feet in the freezing cold water to assure that my body is still alive with feeling. Listening to the trees dance along with the wind in perfect unity as if to say the world is just fine. Something about the river in the Spring time that really wakes up the soul I hide in this shell of human being. Sadly, as human as I may be, I take out my calendar, packed full of events from now until May and plan my first trip of the year. I suppose the hustle of life is not only to keep us grounded here, but make us appreciate the things we do have, when we find the time.

Living in the moment... It's not so hard once you tell yourself to do it for a month straight. After a while, it becomes natural to not think of tomorrow without having to look at your calendar to be sure what you're doing when someone asks, or to get lost in the past for a prolonged period of time. I've realized something though, along the way... spending a little time in each isn't a bad thing. The past is there to push you forward away from the mistakes you made, to make new memories to go with the old, and keep us in check. The future, which I really do try not to spend much time pondering, is something to look forward too with each new day, but not spend significant amounts of time on trying to shape because well... frankly that is a waste of time.

I hope wherever you are today, the sun is as bright as it is here... they sky the same ocean blue and the trees glowing with pale green life beginning to blossom. It's a beautiful Spring day peeps, Live in the moment, with a dash of the past and the future... smile and move on! Cheers.

4 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

That's one of the reasons I changed my blog layout too. I've been hearing the birds chirp every morning and it's such a welcome change.

I like the colors of your layout.

Mr. Lost said...

Being able to remember the past and look to the future without holding on too tightly to either is a good place to be. Glad you are there:)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

We went on a neighborhood camping trip one year and everyone was laughing, Har, Har, about me going with the "this I gotta see" jokes.

needless to say they all had egg on their faces when everyone ended up hangng out in my "pimped out" tent and voted me best camper of the weekend.

Who's laughing now, eh?

And, love the new colors on your blog layout!

Elise said...

I started Spring Cleaning last week. There's something about a blue sky that makes you want to start a fresh.

You're little girl sounds so sweet! Moving mess across the room is hard work, I think she deserved the snacks :) xx