Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday N Stuff!!!






WHAT a day in history! Besides the tornado that reamed the ass out of my home town in 2003 on this day........ Mr. Tulsa was born today.... oh so MANY glorious years ago. So Happy Birthday Mr. T!






I love days when you feel like you've accomplished everything, in one day, that you have had on that list in the back of your head now for months. You know.... you've swept every floor of your house... three of them, small in size yet all wood, everywhere. The only thing you hadn't done was get the bunnies out of the corners. The wood floors are wonderful until you see that fuzzy round thing made up of random dog/cat/human hair... lint from the dryer that seems to coat every inch of the house no matter how much you clean the trap and dust from incense to top it off. I took my lunch break today to roast a great dinner (or start it) clean those dusty bunnies from the corners and even mop. The laundry is done, i'm listening to the light humm of the last sheets currently fluffing up for a fresh nights sleep. The dish washer is swirling in that pattern again... the one that literally keeps making the same noises, in the same pattern as one of those chairs you sit in while getting a pedicure.




With Jenni finally getting to move down to Eureka, she's of course living from boxes for the time being. I think she literally moved everything (with the exception of her clothes... that's an entire room basically) in 48 hours total with the help of various friends and family members. Her apartment is so cute! I'm excited to see it set up with all of her eccentric yet romantically charming decorations.




Annie is getting married. I think i told you all about it back in January. You know, her 'now' fiance is the one who made the rest of men for all of eternity look silly in comparison to what he did for her. Picture this ladies:




It's December 25th. Her boyfriend of years now tells her that he has a surprise for her. As they stroll out into the cool winter night that is covered by Christmas lights strewn from door step to door step, tall city building to tall city building. The two pull up to an airport, or even better... a heli-pad and there waiting for her is a helicopter in all of it's mechanical power humming full force as they climb inside. They snuggle up, holding hands and admiring the lights of down town Dallas just the two of them (and the pilot she had not noticed because of theromance of the evening) he leans over her lap and says "What does that say?" Without words, she glances back into his eyes. The only eyes shes felt touch her soul, the only eyes she's ever been IN love with bearing the biggest smile that has ever crossed her face. There below them as they float above the city she reads in "Marry Me" in the most amazingly twinkling Christmas lights she'd ever seen............ and so goes the story. Now one of my best friends for over the past 20 years is finally getting married! I only say finally because this is a girl that NEVER wanted to marry. This was almost a 'known' thing about Annie since i met her in 2nd grade.


The guy isn't your average guy, the girl not your average girl. Together they do actually make that 'not so average, a bit ... well perfect' relationship. I mean really, the man has never let her open her own car door. And they appreciate one another- Nuff said! In any case.......... She asked me and two other girls, girls of this wonderful circle of ours that have been through thick, thin, ugly, pretty, drunk, and stupid places with... to stand by her side the day she marries this man. THIS my friends, is one of the biggest honors you can give a person. I've been in one other wedding in my life..... none other than my BFF Brianne and it too was the upmost honor i could recieve.


Brianne and Jared

I'm not fully sure marriage will ever be an important thing to me in my life, not because of the mistakes I made... because even then I took the vow seriously no matter what, even if circumstances didn't work out as planned. THOSE circumstances have made me realize today, the FACT that everything happens for a reason. I think marriage is a wonderful thing, I find it beautiful and more than anything it's not that paper between people, it's that look in their eyes, the faith in their stares and fact they can fart around eachother.......... It's amazing to me!Brianne, Jared, and now Annie Matt will forever prove to me that never say never. I mean seriously peeps... ANNIE is getting married! :) And i couldn't be happier.




Happy B-Day Mr. T- xoxo Welcome to Eureka Jenni! - I love you Annie George (one of the oldest BFF's in my life ;)




2 comments:

NiyyaNoire said...

Congratulations to your friends for their union! Thanks for your input on my blog, you describe the city so well :) stay blessed!

Cocaine Princess said...

Congratulations!

Bambi I'm happy things are going so well for you and Mr. Tulsa.(knock wood)