Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Terrifically Random Shit, I Mean Tuesday

I arrived home to my little 'bird house' on the mountain yesterday afternoon, after several days of being gone. It seems that once you find your 'home' in life, no matter where you travel, how nice it is, how beautiful, serene or comfortable, your home is still your... uh... well, i guess it's your home? Ok well you get my point- right? In any case... the sun seems brighter, the sky seems closer and the trees seem greener... wait, they ARE greener here (you'll get my Colorado story in a day or so... when i find energy to get the pictures off my memory cards... and dont worry Mr. Tulsa- those 'Nurple' pictures are safe with me!) Winks-

Jaida and I totally forgot to get cake mix (yes peeps, i love to cook, but fuck that noise... i'm not making a cake from scratch, are you nuts?) but we managed to make some super good sketti and of course she helped me cook. there is nothing like watching your child stand on a stool and 'sample' the sauce. One hand behind her back, bent slightly forward, she held the wooden spoon to her small lips and said 'Yep.... I think it's just right... could use a little more sugar'. Uh Huh- there are a few things in this little comment that are somewhat Jaw dropping- the fact she will be five in a few weeks and says things JUST LIKE THAT, and yes I put a tad of brown sugar in my Spaghetti Sause... you should try it, it's AMAZING how much flavor it adds with the right amount of basil!

It is very apparent the animals have missed me, even though i have no doubt that Jenni has taken wonderful care of them the past days, they are literally all three on me somewhere. Scamps- you know, puffball Maltese with bad breath- currently wrapped around my neck. Keane- Mr. Panther Cat with a loud motor, laying half on my laptop, half on my arm (making this post super difficult to type.. thank heavens i dont care about editing anyways) and Paxton- Mr. Grey Beard Schnauzer sleeping on my right foot, which is falling asleep by the way... i think he's a bit over weight, but who am i to judge?

The sun is out today, glowing beautifully through the trees. The pollen (or natures sex dust rather) is finally slowing down, so everything isn't powder yellow today, it's all been washed clean by the spring rain we had last night. I didn't realize it rained until i woke up this morning to grey clouds... why? Well, this sleep condition i have is really kicking my ass.. I did take a unisom last night, and the damn thing worked like a charm. The first time i ever used a unisom, it worked great.. each time after, not so much. but it's been about a month, so i tried one and it was glorious, i didn't move until i got up for work this morning.

It's been a while, and i've had a few emails regarding getting left in the dust with the Toecheise Fest of 2009- I am not sure what kind of stories i should tell about the weekend... it wasn't a 'naughty' weekend, but since this blog is so public, and there are still a lot of you who stalk it without publicly following (you creeps! ha ha... totally kidding) I will just tell a small story with pictures in a post later today, I dont want to tell the details of it too much, but I will explain soon why it's called Tochiese now.. Stay tuned.......

I hope the sun shines on your face today, the trees glow brighter than ever and hopefully your Tuesday is off to a better start than MY Monday was......... yeah, follow that one!!! Can you tell, I still need sleep? Well, you spend 9 hours in the Denver airport riding the tram for fun and sleeping on your Prada and you tell ME how rested you are!

cheers my friends......... i'm off to watch Hip Hop Harry with my daughter for my lunch break! YAY (I think this show is the evil equivalent of Barney)

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

I agree there is no place like home.