Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Get By With a Little Help...........






From MY FRIENDS:


Now that I have that beautiful song stuck on replay in your head,I'd like to apologize for leaving you hanging the past two days. The 'Tick' bite left me rather emotionally drained of any creative thoughts for writing or even witty come backs to defend myself. After my two days in my 'shell' I've emerged with a bit of help from the sun (i love laying out on lunch breaks) and of course a few good friends who stand behind me and cheer me on, then remind me of stories like this:

As you know, Jenni moved to Eureka with me. It's fitting really, her pink hair doesn't stand out as much here. In fact, she hardly gets a second look in the way of weird... as compared to the generic come and go of the office life. The kiddo and I were at her apartment the other day. Jaida has found a few new friends, and loves to hang out with them. It's nice, since the streets are so close together, the kids can be watching tv in the living room or playing in the yard and they are only 10 feet away max, no matter where they are. While the kids were off playing swords in the back yard, Jenni and I sat in the front conversing with her neighbors. One of them, whom is her landlords son. After a brief discussion about reality tv shows (no offense to those who watch them.... Hells Kitchen makes me hungry and want to crawl in the corner and cry when he yells- Bachelor/Bachelorette: make me wonder what the HELL is wrong with them for thinking they actually might find love on TV of all places- Survivor was good- the first two seasons, it's pretty much a reply of the same cat fights and man power on every episode so i find it dull and meaningless) But as the two of us sat outside the the beautiful crisp afternoon, I heard something that shouldn't have been funny at all. But It was .... and I can't stop thinking about it.


The landlords son, we shall call him 'J' for this story, is a bit of an odd person. He's not tall, but gangly as if he stood near 7 feet tall. His hair is a natural blonde, almost transparent and not long in the sexy Johnny Depp way, but long in the way that it is beginning to look somewhat like a helmet from Star Wars. He has a very large gap between his front teeth (hey, i'm not knockin this... i had the same problem until i was about 17) but it's almost as if he could whistle through it if he tried (who knows, maybe he can) He wears very thick eye glasses with a thin wire frame, which over all his appearance makes him 'look' like the unibomber (minus the beard) which is sort of creepy in a way, considering his knowledge of bombs (from what we hear... it could be hear say, who knows.... in any case, we'll be sure to stay on his good side) To give you an idea of the kind of person he appears to be, seemingly creepy yet kind hearted.. when Jenni found a black widow spider behind her couch, he captured it for her.......... then turned it lose in the woods!!!! See, it's kind of a mix of kind hearted vs. a little tooooooo much.



I digress- As we sat out on the concrete steps listening to the kids play, there was a handful of people around. One of them being "J". after the conversation about TV and Relity Shows, he made sure to let us know he had a reality show of his own in mind, that would of course, catch the audience's attention. "Who Wants To Win A Kidney!" NOW, before you start sending me hate mail because your aunt is on a waiting list, hear me out. As always, i'm not here to piss anyone off, or hurt anyones feelings, this is my blog, my diary, even if it is public and i feed off the comments i get from you guys- so feel free to cut lose if you must ............but think about it.


In a world like ours, when a car wreck becomes something of a tourist site on the interstate when you pass, we live for shows where the models starve themselves and pass out on camera while getting yelled at by Tyra (poor girls! I did love the one episode i watched of it) The heavier people are forced to sweat to the oldies next too two very young, very in shape and attractive people only to stand in front of the cameras and cry because they were 'kicked off' for only losing 2 pounds (i'm sorry, but I watched it... .I cried both times... i'm done with it) and people like me find themselves reading for hours on http://www.findadeath.com/ well, frankly this idea isn't totally out of line.


I mean really. We do weird things to be on tv... Americans I mean... we even go so far as to totally humiliate ourselves on camera 'attempting' to sing the star spangled banner, only hoping we were worse then the next person so we can be put down by Simon Cowel on national television. So when you stop to think about 6 people competing for a Kidney- well it's really not so bad after all is it? Not really, I would give a kidney and i would be willing to bet the losers would walk away with some kind of consolation prize. "We're sorry you didn't win the kidney Mr. Jones, but instead, you walk AWAY WITH.................... A BRAND NEW ESCALADE" I mean seriously? Are you going to be pissed about losing the kidney? NO, you're gonna stroll away in your pimped out caddy and know that your family will love you for who you are and what you won for them!


Back to realty: Life is KIND of like the Reality TV shows.... we have lots of heartache, we cry when someone chooses us over someone else in a relationship, we feel let down when our diet goals aren't met, of course we all want to be the 'Top Model', or not get voted off survivor for being a cut throat douche bag. The sad reality of LIFE IS.... no camera, no editing of scenes, no airbrush, nobody to make us work out to the oldies, nobody to blame but ourselves.






I couldn't ask for a better day my friends. Sun is shining, not ONE cloud in the sky and the breeze still has a bit of 'slight' chill to it. Summer is just around the corner and I know I couldn't be happier about it. The past two days have left me in somewhat of an emotional cave, I can't keep my head from spinning and my brain from over thinking, so please forgive me if you were offended by todays' post. I had to let the sadistic smart ass side of myself shine just once..... and maybe she's here to stay? In any case, I'm smiling again, refuse to let one little tick bite wear me down when there is so much to be done and said. I hope you're all out enjoying this day.... and looking forward to the long wonderful Holiday Weekend that lays ahead. Cheers!






2 comments:

Steven said...

Love the Bandana!! Reminds me of Guns and Roses...lol dont ask me why???

Cocaine Princess said...

You look soooo cute with the banadana and I gotta say I love the tank top you're wearing!